Monday, August 13, 2012

A little Birdie Told Me {retro Sketch}

One thing I love about the My Favorite Things releases each month is ALL the different products that are available.  There is something for everyone, I believe and something for every budget. This also means for me, that I don't always get to show off all the pretties during release week. Teaser Time is busy, busy for me and I do my best to ink up all the amazing stamps.  This one didn't quite make it last week, and I was upset about it because it is a DARLING set! It was one of my FAVES from the whole bunch. 

I used this week's Retro Sketch 24 for it, so the outside is on the clean and simple side (CAS), but I prettied it up with some fun MFT embellies!

The stamp set is called MOUSE IN THE HOUSE IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY! The great thing about this set, is the birdie image is separate from the mouse image, therefore allowing you to create many different scenes. As you can see I only used the bird on the outside. I stamped him on Kraft cs and then cut it out using the beautiful ROUNDED BANNER STAX DIE-NAMICS. I tucked in a little whitle doily and distressed the edges of the card base.  

I also love coloring on Kraft cs with my copics. It gives such a soft, femine look. I paper pieced my balloon with some of that fun green polka dot paper by Studio Calico. If you can't tell, I LOVE it! AND it's the perfect excuse to use the gorgeous GUMDROP GREEN BUTTONS.  I also had a single LAYERED ROSE flower sitting on my desk, so I placed that behind the button. 

 I stamped the sentiment onto WHIPCREAM cs and cut that out with the FIRST PLACE AWARD RIBBON  fishtail flag. 


Of course, since the sentiment just begs you to open the card, I made the inside just as pretty. Isn't the mouse just adorable. I colored her up in some soft pink tones on X-PRESS BLENDING CS.  I colored her head twice, cut it out once, and popped it up with a foam dimensional. It gives just that extra touch the inside needed. 

This time I used more layers for my LAYERED ROSE and tucked in a few of the ROYAL LEAVES behind. The flower center is from PLENTIFUL PETALS.  The sentiment on the inside was a bit shorter, so it fit nicely on a SENTIMENT STRIPS DIE-NAMICS. See....options, I love it! It's all tied up with some PEAPOD TWINE.  


Here is another view of the flower layers and the dimension on Ms. Mousie. She really just melts my heart! 


Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to head to the MFT Blog today. Sadly, I missed out on getting a mini album completed for our Creative Challenge this month. But there sure are some gorgeous creations from those that completed the challenge. 










Pin It
Photobucket

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!