Friday, March 23, 2012

i Spy a Lighthouse




Darn it!  I hate when I miss the submission deadline to a challenge. I had this one finished two days ago and just haven't had time to blog about it.  Must be the story of this card, because it is also a belated birthday card. Yep, hate that, too!  On Wednesday I had the stop-in-your-tracks-I-forgot-something feeling!  My BIL's birthday...it was on Monday.  Oops!  I ran home and got busy with this card. 
I used the i Spy challenge from last week (a beautiful sketch from Holly), some MFT goodies and the new Lily Bee, buttercup papers.  Good news is, there's a new challenge posted today :) I better get on it. 




The gorgeous lighthouse is from the MFT Inspired by Line of stamps. It's called Inspired by Lighthouses.  One of the things I love about these stamps is the detail in them.   They are drawn beautifully and can stand alone, without adding color to them. I stamped one of the lighthouses (always a great go-to-masculine image) with Vintage Photo distress ink and then cut it out and layered it up with some OVAL STAX 1. 

The sketch was a great excuse to use the PHOTO CORNER DIE-NAMICS  and then I added some waves and stamped the sentiment (from Just My Type) onto a MINI TABS FOURSOME DIE-NAMIC.   Oh, almost forgot....the other corner treatment is yummy TWINE....Flax Twine to be exact...twine is always a great masculine embellie!

I hand delivered this one.  I also decided I needed to make a few more of these, using the other lighthouse images.  I need to have a few masculine cards in my stash. I used to be good about making "a few extras" of a card with the same supplies.  The process goes fast when you already have everything out. How about you....do you try to make multiples for your stash, when creating.?

Have a great weekend. I think I'll be back with something good to share! If not, I'll see you on Monday!







Pin It

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Lisa!!! Love those papers - mine are in transit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss those deadlines all the time Lisa! Stinks! At least you got it done though. Love how you did the sentiment- very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card, Lisa!! Love the colours and the waves border and twine treatment are just terrific!! Have a great weekend!! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  4. the card is fabulous. as of being late, there is charm in things unexpected, like a belated birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, great man card! I love that those inspired by images CAN stand alone.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!