Thursday, February 9, 2012

Papertrey Ink Anniversay Challenge

I'm sneaking one in. I've been a lover and follower of Papertrey ink since their beginnings, 5 yrs. ago.  I wanted to join in on the Annivesary celebration. Day 5 Challenge-Pinterest

So I've got a card to share that was inspired by this wood sign that I pinned on Pinterest.
While I looove the giant yellow heart, I didn't have any PTI hearts to work with.  I also needed a birthday card for my middle guy. So I used the PTI Woodgrain Impression plate (one of my FAVE PTI products) and the cute airplane from Fly Away.  I also added a bit of hills and grass with the cool die called In the Meadow.  I also am paying homage to the very first PTI set...Papertrey.

You can see I stamped the airplane in Summer Sunrise..... it's my big yellow heart. I kept the rustic theme going with some distressing to the edges of my kraft cs.  It did need a little something else, so I added a ribbon tab and a few buttons.  Then I stopped and I like it.  I know my son will, too. Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your take on this!!! That's what "inspiration" is seriously about....
    you didn't just replicate it in a different medium you truly were inspired by the style and made it fit your design.

    I'm honored to be the creator of the sign that inspired you and I love your design.
    Thank you!
    Pamela
    PBJstories.com
    PBJstories.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great! Love how you made the inspiration your own!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!