Tuesday, April 12, 2011

MFT April Creative Challenge....For The Kids

Welcome....so glad you're here.  It's time again for our monthly Creative Challenge by the My Favorite Things DT.  This month we were asked to create something for the kids, something more than just a card. I had my littlest guy in mind when I started thinking about this challenge.  While he started playing soccer this year, he still sits through lots of his brothers' soccer practices.  He is always looking for things to do. I thought it would be fun for him to have some cutie patootie MFT images of his own to color (I often use practice time to get my own coloring in). 

I also wanted to dust off my Silhouette machine AND wanted to finally make one of these super Sweet Suprise Gift Boxes.  I knew this was just the box to make to hold the MFT images for little man and a few colored pencils, too.

Here's what I did. I couldn't resist my FAVE Loveosaurus stamp set.  I pieced him up with some of that adorable Little Boy Paper by Echo Park. I also added some twine and two little tags with the Typewriter Alphabet (looks like you all loved that one too....it's sold out, but Kim will have it back in stock SOON!) and a Stacking Star die-namic.


I did up the inside flaps, too. I used the cool new, Open Zig Zag die-namic,
 some stitching and my little guy's name with the small letters from the same Typewrite Alphabet.
Then here's a few pics of the completed inside, with the blank images and colored pencils. 
 They all fit nicely with some room to spare. I'm thinking I'll add a pack of gum, too.



I was going to surprise him with this tomorrow night, but while I was creating this, he climbed on my lap and I spilled the beans.  He had fun helping me design it and picked out which images I should stamp for him to color. When I told him the name of our Bear. He cracked up and said, "You mean the bear's name is Fred, from Scooby Doo? That's weird...."   And that made me crack up.

Thanks for stopping by. Check out Kim's blog to see the DT line up joining me today.  I know there is some stuff out there! Have fun!



Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. this is absolutely fabulous Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I so love this little box you created....totally fabulous!! You totally inspired me with it! And how fun your little one helped you design it, so much more special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a CUTE idea Lisa! ♡ your little dinosaur. Funny, my kiddos love Scooby Doo too! They probably would have said the same thing about Fred bear hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This little gift bag is so cute and if he doesn't want it, I do! lol. So adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this is THE cutest thing I have seen. I love it. I am sure he will get a big kick out of it,too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How AWESOME is this??? LOVE what you have created here girlie! AWESOME folds and I LOVE the stamps you used! FAB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Lisa!! What a great idea for when he's sitting at his brother's practice! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now this is sooooo sweet, what a cute idea I am sure he will love his own Suprise box!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea with the pencils and stamped images!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, this is WAY too cute! It's fabulous -- I just love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this idea! Adam likes to climb up in my lap too, and "make a stamp". So sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!