Monday, December 27, 2010

H{ippity} Hop!

Hello and welcome! I hope you all survived AND enjoyed the holiday festivities this weekend. I sure did. It's always wonderful to re-live the Christmas excitement through the kids each year. My oldest was the most excited about the anticipation of Santa, he couldn't fall asleep AND he was up at 5 AM! Needless to say, I sent him back to bed until 7 (he didn't sleep, though). My middle guy was the most animated while opening his gifts-jumping up and down and screaming, "YES!" with every one. The littlest couldn't open his fast enough. It sure was fun and magical!
Here we are back with our Monday addition of {ippity}'s H{ippity} Hop. We are ringing in the New Year with this week's challenge. My project is a bit of a stretch to the theme, but I'm making it work. The day after Christmas is my MIL's birthday, so I made her this super cute box to put her gift card in (we also got her a book). Here's where the theme comes in.....we are celebrating another fabulous year of her life, ringing in another one!
This box was really easy to make thanks to my dear, thoughtful, crafty friend Crystal! She surprised me with a MS Scoring Board. The instructions were included and the box came together so fast! Thanks, girl!
Remember this card????
I made the box to match and gave her both. She loved it!
Do you have this set, Party Hat Wishes? It's a wonderful, fun and whimsical set. I think you need it! Find an {ippity} Chick in your area and get a jump on some birthday cards! Now head on over to the {ippity} blog to see the full line up of hoppers today! Stop and leave them some love.

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Oh, how adorable and gorgeous at the same time! :) Love it, Lisa!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ca-Ute!!! Love it and I'm sure your MIL will too.

    lisa a.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how bright and cheery this is!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! I love the way everything matches and looks so bright and festive! Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fabulous - I love my MS board and made tons of boxes with it - so easy! And, everyone loves them...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Lisa! Your projects are so sweet! I just got this stamp set myself-I can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty box and it goes great with the card! Your friend will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aren't the boxes fun to do? yay, crystal! your card and box are so pretty in pink, lisa! glad the boys enjoyed christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW.. just beautiful. love the way you used the stamps.. love the colours.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty and festive!! Love the colors you chose! Happy New Year to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE that you made a box--so clever! LOVE that card too--beautiful color combo:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisa, so happy your little ones had such a fun Christmas, they sure make it special for us adults, too! And I bet your MIL loved this little box, so fun! I love my MS scoring board, and I know you will get a great use out of it, too. Your card is just beautiful, too...LOVE everything!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that box and card. It so bright and cheery to start the New Year off.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely little box and matching card! These stamps are so cute! Love the banner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!