- check out the list of Teaser posts on Kim's Blog everyday around 11 am (EST)
- leave comments along the way-someone will have secret blog candy (2 $10 gift vouchers for the MFT boutique!) to give away, plus our Dec. Temp team is working hard this month, make sure you tell them how great they are doing!
- join us for the release party fun on Wed. Dec.1 in the MFT forum 8-10 pm-fun, prizes, and chit chat
- Enter the Guest Designer Challenge for a chance to hang with the MFT DT next month and win over $100 in free stamps. Check out the DETAILS HERE!
Now onto my teasers! This is the new Tweeny Teen called You Give Me Wings! I think she is just the sweetest thing, and can't wait to make a few more cards with her for my tween-aged neicese. You can't see it well in the photo, but I added some Glitzy Glitter to her wings.
Die-namics here are the Cloud Trio and Little Open Scallop. I added a Perfect Plaid Ribbon/button tab and some sweet My Mind's Eye, Animal Craker paper! Dontcha love the pink and orange color combo?! I do! ☺ I've also been practicing coloring hair with my black and grey copics. Practice makes all the difference.
Up next is a little tutorial for you showing my Guest Designer Contest Sample. Joanne and I are hostesses with the mostest this month and we've challenged you to Stitch it Up!
created a quick little heart pouch with a coordinating love note. Here's how I did it. Beate did this great video tutorial on how to stitch up the pouch with an easy button stitch (watch it for a visual HOW-TO on steps 2 & 3). You can see that here.
Beate made a mitten, but I needed a heart and didn't have a die big enough to cut one the size I wanted. I almost cut one free hand, but decided that was too big a gamble with my precious MFT FELT.
- So I traced and cut 2 hearts from the negative of some chipboard I had on hand.
- lay them on top of each other and sew together with sewing machine.
- use button stitch and embroidery floss to add a fun stitched detail around the heart, leaving the top open, creating a pouch.
- use the new dainty dots die-namics die to cut red felt for handle
- stitch one end of the die-cut handle to the top of heart
- stitch on button with red floss
- using the new Hearts a Plenty die-namics die, cut felt hearts, sew together with button and attach to front of the finished pouch with adhesive. I finally got some the The Best Glue Ever and I am really liking it. I found if you use thin lines of it, it works great to hold felt pieces in place (you don't want it soaking through the felt, so keep it thin.) Here's the finished heart pouch, up close.
Here are a few other details I dont' want you to miss:
I used 2 new die-namics for this project-Hearts a Plenty
and dainty dots border. On the coordinating love note card I used:
Clearly Sentimental abou YOU stamp set
You Spin Me Additions stamp set
Thanks so much for stopping by today. See you tomorrow with more teasers!