Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hip Hop Thursday....Journaling your Christmas!

Welcome to another fun filled day of inspiration with the {ippity} and Unity DT. Are you loving the themes each week? We sure are having fun coming up with ideas to share. This week we are wowing you with our Journaling Your Christmas theme. Don't be scared, lol! You're gonna be amazed at all the creative ways we have to approach this theme. I can already hear it, "I'm not a scrapbooker, I don't scrap." Seriously, have an open mind and hold on cuz the team has some great ideas on how to get started.

I admit, I was VERY hesitant about this week's theme, but also very excited about it. For years I have scrapped the holidays the same way and to be honest, it's tiring and boring and I'm so unmotivated to do it. I've decided that Ali Edward's December Daily is the fresh, new approach to documenting my family's holiday traditions. You can read all about how to get started HERE. I love the idea of having this album ready to go on Dec. 1 and then taking it on, one day at a time-being in the moment as Ali refers to it.

So I still need to find an album for all this to go in, but I did decide that I would work with an 8x8 size. I'm thinking I will just find some chipboard covers and bind the pages all together with some rings (prettied up with some ribbon-gotta get the ribbon on there some how ;) ). I just pulled this together on Monday, finsihing my cover and 3 pages. I used a fun mix of {ippity} stamps and plan to put LOTS more of my fave {ippity}, Unity, and MFT to use. I also LOVE the color scheme I chose, thanks to the gorgeous, funky, fresh, and a bit retro designer paper by Crate Paper-Snowy Days!

Here's a close up of my cover page. I added some of my fave elements:
scallops, jillibean corugated letters, sewing, a scripty title from my Silhouette, and the following {ippity} stamps-Life's Little Moments, and Season of Joy. I used white craft ink and crumb cake ink to give a watermark look to some of the sentiments (so they are subtle, but there!). Here's the next 3 pages.
page 2
and page 3

I know, I've got a long way to go to finish it up, but I'm determined to finish before December. I'll be showing you the finished product along the way. Stay tuned! I hope you inspired today. Go ahead, and have fun journaling your holiday!

Maria is up next.

Next Blog




Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Lisa, this is just FABULOUS...Adore the cover page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness HOW CUTE! You will be so glad you have those memories on those CUTE CUTE pages! Hmmm, check out maybe the K&Co albums at Joann or Michaels? They ahve some good, plain, top-loading 8x8 albums with a nice, thick page protector. This is reALLY Cute, LISA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, my, your cover is adorable! love all the little elements and bkgd stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and fun! I can't wait to see it as you progress... smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make it look easy! Who can resist this project? *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous. love the colors. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa this came out amazing!!!! and of course you already know I love that paper great minds think alike!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LVOE LOVE THIS!!! And the bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO glad you decided to join in the FUN!!! I think you are going to love this project! Even if you can only add photos and journaling everyday you can embellish it later...
    The colors of your album are so fun and I'm going to have to emboss some acetate for mine now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow.. beautiful Lisa.. I am loving the colours of your album.. It is amszing how different you can make these fabulous ippity stamps!! You ROCK!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Lisa..I am loving your funky and fresh album!! Just awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You ROCK! I love that you used non-traditional bright and fun colors!

    Lisa a

    ReplyDelete
  13. OHHHHHH! I just looooooove those pages--super cute colors and your stamps...LOVE LOVE LOVE IT:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great start to your album Lisa!! I love your color selections and your album cover is fantastic!!! I love it all and hope to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the color scheme you chose! The white ink on the dark papers look so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous!!!! LOVE the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These colors just make me happy! I love all your elements...this is going to be such a fun album for you...love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!