Friday, January 15, 2010

Post no. 2....Friends with Flair

yeah for me!!! I actually got to the CAS 49 challenge this week. The challenge was to cut out a stamped image, I made 3 cards this week thinking they each would be used for this challenge, BUT I was having issues keeping it clean and simple. I think I finally did it with this card. Love that tea bag and it's sentiment from the Dec.09 KOTM. Paper is from the new SU pack, Sweet Pea! Ahhhhh, it's deeddee-lish! I just love the colors in that pack, and the patterns are so fun. I stamped the tea bag, cut it out and popped it up on dimensionals. I added a bit of twine to give it a real string and add an extra bit of texture, yet still keeping it simple. Short and sweet on this FWF Friday. Check out the full list of inspiration here on Angela's Blog!
Two things before I go. Be sure to check out the {ippity} blog. I'm hosting today's Fresh Idea Friday! and if you haven't seen my blog candy, today's your last day to enter! I'm announcing the lucky winner tomorrow! Hugs, Lisa

12 comments:

  1. This is darling! Love the colors, so fresh and springy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have that tea bag on my to do list! i love it too.

    lisa a.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE what you did with the tea bag...SUPER cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable Lisa! I must ink up my tea bag stamp now and I definitely have to get some of that SU dp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the energy of this! So many times, tea cards are sedate and boring - not this one! I'm guessing you wer sipping some Lemon Zinger when making this! Love the shot of teal and that beautiful green ribbon! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh, I like the patterned paper too. Luv the string idea on the teabag! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LOVE this Lisa! SOOOOO bright and fun! I just LOVE your style...you never ever disappoint! I think you may get me to cave and get some Unity too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "My cup of tea"- how cute!! Love the circles and the wide olive ribbon! Great job with the extra touches of cute- the twine and the pinking hearts trim!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. I loved how you have used the twine with the teabag..

    ReplyDelete
  10. That tea bag looks sooo cute dangling from the string Lisa! I love the colors on this card and it is a wonderful card! I'm late on my FWF hopping, but glad I made it here to see this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!